Friday, 6 May 2016

Books



There is nothing like a good book. I used to read loads and somehow books were always the trusted way to learn and to find out things. Although the internet has made access to far more information easier than I could ever need, trying to find it takes time and effort. There are endless searches to plough through, adverts to bypass and so many websites to be tempted by. With a book, I know where I stand, but with a website many just don't give the infrmation I want, or are too simplistic, badly designed, irrelevant or full of information that may or may not be true. I ought to browse my library more. The web does have its uses though - like yesterday when I wanted to check identification and the song of two possible garden warblers in the garden (which I am sure they were). Books have a whole physical sense of being and character that a website can't have.



No comments: