Pages

Sunday 15 September 2013

Bucknell, Shropshire

I cycled into this village just as it began to rain and decided to shelter in the porch of the church. The row of cottages opposite was a pleasant challenge to draw whilst I hoped the rain would stop. My time here proved quite interesting as a group local villagers kept popping in and out of the church as they were preparing it for some heritage open day the next day. Several were quite chatty and I ended hanging a long hop bine above the church doorway for them - a task more suited to a readily available tall steady bloke and not someone of more fragile and older years. The church seemed to be keeping up with the modern age. Its roof had recently been insulated and a ground source heat pump was being installed in the graveyard. My sketch turned a bit scruffy due to my distractions but it vaguely worked. I continued my bike ride up onto Bedstone Hill, Hopton Titterhill and back to Black Hill near Clun and arrived back at the car drenched.

No comments: