Pages

Friday 28 August 2015

Grey Poplars

There is a footpath I walk along near to where I work that I use fairly regularly. For some reason it was this week that I actually really noticed the tall mature grey poplar trees that lined part of the hedgerow. I was walking past them and suddenly thought 'Hello' I wonder what you are?' In the light breeze the silver undersided leaves shimmered and rustled. They held my attention and I went back today to clarify my identification of them and to take a few photos in the beautifully clear and bright summer sunlight. I could have sat and looked at them for hours. I noticed in one of them there were, high above me, two large woodpecker holes. In another, a branch about a foot in diameter from two close growing trunks had completely merged into its neighbour.

No comments: