Pages

Saturday 22 February 2020

Wrest Park

A dry and windy day found me walking near Wrest Park today. It was good to be out on a mild winter's day and I was more than happy to sit down and draw outside. The wind was strong with almost no chill factor. I love being out in the wind except when it is cold or I am on the bicycle. Today it was just welcomingly fresh and a joy to be outside. I walked through a patch of woodland and decided to draw a clump of wild arum leaves. It was a fairly quick sketch so a little rough round the edges. In the cafe I then drew a couple sitting at a table with their dog. As usually happens to me, they left when I was halfway through so I had to rely in my memory to finish it off.

Wild flowers seen today: crocus, daffodil, snowdrop, celandine, dandelion, white violet, primrose (not quite in flower), catkins, dog's mercury.

Surprisingly, on my way back to Luton mid afternoon, I saw barn owl on a fence beside the A6. I could hardly believe my eyes - hadn't seen one for many years in the wild, yet here was one in broad daylight beside a busy main road.




No comments: