Pages

Wednesday 23 June 2010

Where have I been?

Here I am in the middle of June and this blog seems so distant to me. I have written so little this year because my energy seems to need to be directed elsewhere.

Work is thoroughly rewarding and challenging and I do enjoy it but it has been demanding and it has taken me a while to settle into the new working environment from a psychological point of view. It has been mentally tiring at times and settling into a balance is taking time. My hands have been troubled with RSI and I am having to work hard with self-physiotherapy to calm things down. This has meant that I have been unwilling to use my hands for typing at home. Thankfully, I am now much better and none of my work has been affected.

Much to my annoyance, I also seem to have been afflicted with periods of deep anxiety and I am hopefully overcoming this with exercise, meditation and self-awareness exercises. It all seems pathetic really as all I am doing is well within my ability but, again, I feel as though I am trying to find a balance.

My back went on me a few weeks ago and so I am trying to get that back in order too.

This seems to have been a Spring of readjustment and mental struggle to the new situation in which I find myself.

My Permaculture Course is superb and I now have only one more weekend in July to complete.

The vegetables in the garden are doing well but I am not sure if I will continue with the allotment as I can't put much effort into it. The garden is easy to micro-manage whereas the allotment is a small drive away and not quite so easy to visit. I will re-evaluate it at the end of the year.

I've been out with my drum to various locations: a drumming group, the hills of Herefordshire, my permaculture course and the garden summerhouse.

Blessings.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

It's so nice seeing you write again, although I understand your absence. I'm so glad you are enjoying your new job.

eremophila said...

It seems that this year has been one of many changes - not just for the people but for the planet as well. The constant adjustments can play havoc with our bodies if we're sensitive to these realignments. Take heart and walk lightly.

Color Rogue said...

I just found your blog this evening (morning?). I have the first and last posts and all the comments that went with your first entry. I only just stumbled upon the idea of druidry as a real and viable life path within the last few days, but on reflection I find that my path has been trying to get here since I was a child. In the last few years I have found it necessary to depart from the traditional, uber conservative, Christian upbringing that I was accustomed to and actually begin developing my own faith and world view. You have given me much to think about here, and I thank you for that. If ADHD doesn't kick in too badly, I hope to be able to take the time to read more of your posts, follow your journey and glean what I can for my own journey.

Thank you.